The building originally was built in 1855. It operated as the General Store in town for about 100 years. It was last known as Schanauers. The building was then used as the Hardware Store in the 1950's until the early 90's. Five & Divine opened officially in June 2004. The name Five & Divine is a play on the old 5¢ & 10¢. The Five is the fun little items for kids and the divine is all the other beautiful items!